- Opening Ceremony Speeches on the importance of the Conference and expectations of the people of Puntland.
- Major objectives of this Conference and why it was necessary to convene.
- Major obstacles to Puntland socio-economic development to be debated in this Conference.
- The way forward for Puntland self-government as a Federal Member State or a Confederate Member State.
- Expressions of gratitude to all donor countries and international humanitarian organizations that have been helping the people of Puntland and Somalia over many years (name them individually and collectively).
- On Coronavarus and other contagious diseases: Healthy lifestyle, hygiene and prevention.
AN AGENDA OPTION
- Review of foundational and Guiding Principles of the State of Puntland
- Public Institution-building and reforms, especially the financial, security, health, education, judiciary and environment sectors, which under-performed over many years in the past.
- Obstacles to Democratization and political pluralism, including lip-service commitment to it by Puntland political elites.
- Re-defining the role of traditional leadership in Puntland society
- Strenghtening civil society, civic and professional associations in Puntland, with active participation of youth and women.
- Addressing youth issues – education, skill training and leadership
- Infrastructure projects to link-up coastal and contryside with Puntland urban centres. Plans for the construction of fishing, livestock, Meidi and salt industries, encouraging venture and business investment with government incentives on taxation and enviromental regulations.
- Puntland-Federal Government relationships, and Puntland Vision towards the creation of the New Somalia, with proactive policies of engagement and leadership.
- The issue of Somaliland territorial expansionist policy
- Panel discussion on each of the agenda item with expert inputs and guidance
- Conference Communique on adopted resolutions and a white paper.
- Appeal to the Federal Government of Somalia, Federal Member States and International Community to work together in moving Somalia forward by resolving all existing impediments along the way to Somalia’s full recovery and reconstruction efforts.
- Synthesis of consensus and Final Report with emphasis on benchmarks and timeframes to achieve goals and objectives.
The deliberations of the above agenda items could be scheduled for 3-4 day period.