July 17, 2019
N&N Government supporters, could you answer these basic questions:
1. Have you ever heard of N&N Government speaking about or promoting the very law of the land, the Federal Constitution, upon which the three branches of government are based?
2. Under which Somali constitution President Farmaajo was elected in 2016?
3. What happens if the leaders of a state and government do not respect and adhere to the laws of the country?
4. Why does the Constitutional Upper Chamber of Somali Parliament has difficulties to function in Mogadishu? Who is holding it back and why?
5. What is happening to the Review of the Federal Constitution that being held hostage by N&N Government?
6. In your mind, how do you interpret President Farmaajo’s many statements declaring that he wanted to build a strong Central Government?
7. Would there be a strong democratic federal Somali government without strong people and viable federal member states?
8. And finally, why are they not promoting the Federalism System, the only system of governance that all warring clans of Somalia could agree to in 2004, following the Civil War?
By answering these basic questions, you would wise up to the meaning and objectives of N/N. In the end, you would be a supporter of either the idea of restoring a strong Mogadishu City-state, or a blind follower of a N&N bandwagon? If you are supporting N/N, but you aren’t either of the above, then you are a critical thinker and you will do well.
Alernatively, if you would prefer tyranny, dictatorship and suppression of your basic human rights, I wish you well.
In conclusion, I would give you heads-up about life and politics in Mogadishu:
Elders who had returned to Mogadishu to support N&N Government almost all have left Mogadishu for these reasons:
a) N&N Government is pursuing wrong-headed policies through unconstitutional means.
b) Hawiye political and financial elites don’t want a government at any level, let alone a functioning one. They think they are better off that way amid anarchy of stateless and predatory business enterprises.
c) Al-Shabab and other extremist entities couldn’t operate freely in Mogadishu without having support and protection from the masses there.
In this regard, a lot of youth express support for N&N Government, not knowing the danger of policies they are bandwagonning now.